A deposit of 50% of the order value will be required. In certain circumstances this is non-refundable.
Please leave a contact number when ordering - we will contact you for a deposit.
Rivermonsters are Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant.
We can accept most major credit and debit cards.
NOTE: in order to combat card fraud we will only deliver to that cards registered address. If you want us to deliver to a different address then we will need to verify your card with some form of ID on delivery.
If you need to cancel your order for any reason then please contact us as soon as possible. A cancellation fee of 4% will be made to cover any incurred costs at that time, please contact us with regards to this. For bespoke aquariums and cabinets you forfeit the right to reclaim your deposit.
REFUNDS CAN TAKE UP TO 14 DAYS TO PROCESS
The benefits given Rivermonsters guarantee are addition to all other rights and remedies which the purchaser has in respect of the equipment under the legislation of the appropriate country of purchase.
- This guarantee covers glass fish tank only, not the products made from wood (cabinet, lid etc.) and plastic (pipe work).
- You must provide proof of purchase (invoice) when you submit your equipment for repair under guarantee.
- Replacement of equipment is guaranteed for the remainder of the original Rivermonsters guarantee.
- This guarantee covers the aquarium against leakage.
- Guarantee is valid for three years and is effective from the date of delivery/collection.
Note: for this guarantee to be valid the tank must be placed on the polystyrene base provided.
Guarantee does not cover
- Glass breakage.
- Consumables such as lamps, bulbs, tubes, starters, heaters and etc.
- Pipe work and plumbing.
- Equipment failures caused by misuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, accidental breakage, lightning strikes, mains voltage fluctuation, earthquakes, vermin infestation or liquid spillage.
- Rivermonsters will not be responsible for any damages if the aquarium has been abused or mishandled, subjected to physical use and abuse so as to cause leaks in the aquarium.
- Damages brought about by use of any stands aside from the recommended aquarium stands that provide full and solid support to the entire bottom of the aquarium, scratches and crazing caused by use of cleaning material, and repairs by anyone other than the manufacturers.
- Uneven floors, Rivermonsters are NOT responsible for uneven floors! Please seek the advice from a reputable builder!
- Change of mind. We make these aquariums to order so please make sure you really do want one.
- Any used equipment sourced by us as a third party
- Although we are trained to provide a first class service we will not be held liable for any advice given.
- We will not be held liable for loss of perishable stock due to any delivery delays.
We deliver Monday to Friday.
Most of England & Wales £40
Saturday delivery - add £60
Timed delivery - add £20
- Scotland, N.Ireland and Eire
- Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, Cumbria, Durham, Cleveland, N.Yorkshire, Devon, Cornwall
- I.O.W, I.O.M and the Scilly Isles
- Channel Islands (excluding Herm)
Charges apply as delivery to these zones will be subcontracted out.
Extra delivery charges
Extra charges for delivery may apply where:-
- delivery is to be made to a different address at short notice.
- tank and/or cabinet have to be re-delivered because access was a problem or where assistance was not arranged with the delivery.
- tank and/or cabinet have to be re-delivered because no-one was at the delivery address.
We will advise if any extra charges are to be applied. These must be payable before delivery/re-delivery
Please consider the following before we deliver your aquarium
- Where will the aquarium be finally positioned?
- Can it be moved into this position easily?
- Are there any steps to negotiate?
- Is there plenty of access?
- Are there other obstacles that need to be negotiated?
- Can you provide assistance with delivery?
- We will not deliver your goods until they are paid for in full.
Delivery agreement - Rivermonsters
- Arrangements must be made to take delivery of your item(s). The larger heavier items will require four people or more.
- You must inform us about any special factors that we need to know about when delivering your aquarium. Anything that may result in delivery being more costly or taking longer than it should. Items such as parking restrictions, tolls, narrow hallways, stairs to negotiate.
- You must inform us if the final placement is to an apartment, flat or maisonette not on ground level. This may incur extra charges.
- Items are covered by our transport insurance while on the vehicle only. We are not insured for placement.
- Our driver will only deliver your order to your door. Due to past bad experiences you will have to move the aquarium inside the house by yourself. You can always ask our drivers for assistance but we are not responsible for any damage caused at the time of transfer. The maximum time our driver can assist is 30 minutes.
- You must inspect all items at the time they are delivered before you sign for your shipment. You must make certain that everything that you ordered is within the package (s). We expect all products purchased by you and shipped by Rivermonsters to arrive in excellent condition. However, it is your obligation to check all items carefully.
Should there be anything wrong with the shipment then our driver will advise.
Delivery agreement - Third Party Transportation
- We subcontract transportation where time and location dictates. Items will be insured by the transportation company.
- Arrangements must be made to take delivery of your item(s). The transport company will probably use a pallet truck to unload item(s).
- Items are covered by their transport insurance while on their vehicle only. They are not insured for placement.
- Drivers will only deliver your order to your door. They will not assist in placement.
- You must inspect all items at the time they are delivered before you sign for your shipment. You must make certain that everything that you ordered is within the package (s). We expect all products purchased by you to arrive in excellent condition. However, it is your obligation to check all items carefully.
Should there be any problems then do not sign, do not accept - contact us immediately for advise on 0800 020 9144
- If you are collecting your order directly from the factory then you must check its condition before taking away.
- We will contact you when your order is ready for collection. If an item is not collected within two months Rivermonsters have the rights to retain the deposit paid and to resell the item(s).
There is nothing in these Terms and Conditions that will affect your statutory rights.